Air permitting within the South Coast Air Quality Management District (SCAQMD) can be a mind-numbing task.
Here are just a few things you need to consider:
- Does this equipment need a permit?
- What is best available control technology for this equipment?
- Will permitting this equipment trigger a requirement for public notification?
- Will I need to comply with CEQA in order to permit this equipment?
- How many emission reduction credits will I need to purchase in order to permit this unit?
- Can I even permit this piece of equipment?
- What happens after I submit my permit application?
- How do I ensure that my application is complete?
- What rules will my equipment need to comply with?
With all of this, it helps to know what can be done to streamline or simplify the air permitting process, and so the next logical question is:
Do I really need a consultant to prepare my air permit application?
Our answer to this question may take your breath away, but let’s be honest here, you do not need to hire a consultant to prepare your air permit application.
You can figure out the air permitting process on your own, and we’ve put together a list of resources that can help you prepare your own air permits.
We also have a 30-minute mini-seminar that covers the air permits and the permitting process that we offer to visitors who stop by with our compliments.
On the other hand, you simply don’t have time to sort all of this out on your own, then we may be able to help you out.
Envera Consulting specializing in providing our clients with air permitting services. We have prepared numerous air permits in the past for companies on the Fortune 500 down to the small family-owned business and we are able to guide you through the entire permitting process so you stop worrying and can get back to focusing on the critical issues of your business.
Some of the numerous ways that our clients have found value in our air permitting services are because of the following:
1. We are a partner who can “tell you what to expect from the SCAQMD’S permitting process.”
As sophisticated as many businesses have become, they are still unable to predict the future. As a result, it is common for businesses to stall a project because they are unable to answer one question: “What can we expect if we go down this path?” Businesses want assurance that they are on the right path. More importantly, they want to know what will happen next so that they can be better prepared for the outcome. In this case, it helps to have a partner who can tell you what to expect from the SCAQMD’s permitting process.
2. We are a partner who can “tell you what to do next” with regards to air quality compliance.
Southern California has some of the most stringent and complicated air quality regulations in the country. Consequently, it is sometimes hard to know how to deal with these regulations. Therefore, it helps to have a partner who can guide you and your team to answer the question: “What do we do next?”
3. We are a partner who can “minimize surprises” from air quality regulations and the SCAQMD’s permitting process.
Given the complexity of the SCAQMD’s rules and regulations, surprises can arise at each turn if you do not understand the permitting process or the unique rule book of the District. Often, such unexpected revelations are enough to derail a project for months. In this case, it helps to have a partner who can minimize the surprises and drive your project to completion.
If you are interested in exploring our air permitting services for your permitting project more, please contact us and we’d be happy to help you out.